I think the almost the whole of Malaysia (bar the 90% of motorcyclists who flout the law in various ways) is happy about this move.
Top ten offences normally committed by motorcyclists:
- Failure to observe own safety – normally resulting in danger to everyone else except the rider him / herself.
- Drive(?) without a helmet
- Too young to use a motorcycle
- Treating the bike like a car and fitting >2 peeps on one standard 2-seater
- Broken / non-functional tail-light
- Broken / non-functional head-light
- Broken / non-functional head and tail-lights
- Treating the bike like a BMX with an engine
- Having babies on the bike. These are your kids!!! Don’t you know that even a small fall can seriously injure your kid?!?
- Harrassing other road users and scaring the daylights out of women and the elderly. My wife was bullied by a bunch of them before… I found it hard not to hate them.