Netflix finally reacts to the mess they created when they announced that their DVD customers were getting
shafted a 60% price hike.
The consumers reacted to Hasting’s original announcement of the price hike rather predictably, by bringing their custom someplace else. Netflix had to cut its customer forecast by 1 million thanks to that mistake.
I think that consumers have been burned by this and are unlikely to turn back unless Netflix does something more than just apologise and rebrand while maintaing the same pricing structure that so alienated its customers in the first place.
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings on Qwikster & What Went Wrong [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Netflix renames DVD-by-mail service, adds video games (cnn.com)
- Why Reed Hastings Should be Applauded for Netflix Split (bothsidesofthetable.com)
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings: ‘I messed up’ (gigaom.com)
- A Desperate Netflix Will Split Into Two Businesses (sfist.com)